Have you encountered ed lately? Are you still confused, which is the best erectile dysfunction treatment method to solve your problem? These are the most common dilemma which everyone has.
- People have been asking me
- What to do next
- which doctor to consult,
- how to fix my ed,
- where to go to diagnose our sexual problems.
- What would be the correct treatment option
There was a time when I was like you and was looking for a reliable source to drive my direction. I was inexperienced and was still exploring the web for all my approaches.
Below are some of the questions which I needed those time
- What is the cause of my impotence
- Which doctor should I visit first
- What are the relevant test to ascertain the cause of my erection problem
- Which treatment option should I try first
- Which direction should I head to find proper treatment
Do you ask such questions too? If yes, then this blog is undoubtedly for you. Here I will be sharing the best erectile dysfunction treatment method with a flow chart.
I spent 12 hours straight to work on this flow chart and drafted it based on my experiences. It will help you to decide the correct treatment.
Click below Image for full flow chart view
We can divide our erectile dysfunction treatment method in 5 steps.
Let’s get Started
1. Understand your Erectile dysfunction:
When getting hard is hard, then this is the triggering point for you. The first step is the most crucial. Here you have to study and evaluate the type of your impotence.
Firstly, you need to understand when do we call failing to get hard as impotence. Below is the bookish definition of erectile dysfunction.
What is erectile dysfunction?
ED is defined as the inability to get and maintain an erection adequately hard for sexual intercourse at least 25% of the time.
In simple word, ED is when you can’t get an erection hard enough for penetrative sex, or if you lose the erection during intercourse.
So, not able to erect sometimes due to some stress or depression is not ED. It happened to me too. During my young time, once my girlfriend and I were having quality time, but to my despair, I could not get hard. I was dumbstruck. It was frustrating when you want sex and could not perform.
It continued for some time and, when I introspect, I understood it all happened during my examination time. As a result, I realized that cause of my ED was not physical but psychological.
Now, coming back to our point.
What is your ED type?
- Physical ED – The root cause of your weak erection has some underlying physical condition
- Psychological ED – The root cause of your impotence is psychogenic or mental.
Now the question comes, how to determine your ED?
Just check your erection during
If you fail to get hard during sex, but during other times(morning and masturbation), your erection is good hard enough for penetration is a sign of psychological ED.
In other words, some people get anxious during sex. Usually, it happens for the first-timer. Frightened about your first-time performance engulf many virgins and inexperienced men.
Your erection is not good hard enough for penetration during all the times i.e morning, masturbation and sex could be the sign of physical ED. In short, your ed is caused by some underlying health condition.
Still not very much convinced about your type of ED? Check out this comprehensive blog to know more.
I strongly recommend connecting with me for a DIY test, which I have drafted. It will help you to discover your type of erectile dysfunction.
2. Decide the right diagnosis and reason for ED:
It is the second step for solving erectile dysfunction. Now, if you are confident about which type of ED you have, so, it’s time to look at which direction you have to move to find the right diagnosis for ED. So let’s decide which is the correct diagnosis.
The right approach based on your ED type is.
If you have psychological Erectile dysfunction
If after initial screening, you found your ED as psychological, then best diagnosis and treatment would be
- Counseling (Contact me if you can for conseling)
- Talking to your partner
- Build confidence
- Avoid porn
- Avoid masturbation
If you have physical Erectile dysfunction
This could be a little perturbing. Erectile dysfunction is an umbrella word, and reasons for impotence are copious. Broadly we can further divide erectile dysfunction as
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
If you have any of the above conditions, then the next step would be to discover why these problems are happening to you.
Most of the time, erectile dysfunction is a result of some major diseases. These significant diseases are the main culprit in most of the cases. Erectile dysfunction in young men is also prevalent but disguised.
There are not many studies available to prove how many younger men suffer from ED, but a rough estimate is that around 26% of men under 40 are having some extent of ED.
Prime diseases which contribute to erectile dysfunction:
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Peyronie’s disease
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord.
- Some surprising reasons.
What is the next step if you have any severe disease?
You can easily relate your erectile dysfunction with these listed diseases. Now the next wise step would be to visit a doctor to have proper tests to solidify your doubt.
But, pin it down in your mind that poor health is one of the critical reasons for impotence, and it may worsen your condition if not addressed on time.
What is the next step if you DON’T have any disease?
So, this was indeed my condition. Young men who are healthy and sound may not find any reason for their unhappy sexual life. You should not despair and keep your fight moving. Whenever I started losing hope, I meditated, which kept me strong enough to continue my fight.
Now, you have to visit a doctor who will perform some tests to check abnormalities in the body.
The question comes, which doctor you have to visit.
3. Who should you consult for erectile dysfunction?
So far, you have crossed two steps. Welcome to the third step for solving your erectile dysfunction.
Sexologists, urologists, and endocrinologists are well capable enough to perform all sorts of necessary tests for treating erectile dysfunction.
- A sexologist is a trained professional who specializes in human sexuality.
- A urologist is a doctor that specializes in the urinary tract and male reproductive system. Not only do they treat sexual dysfunction, but they also treat diseases of the kidney, bladder, prostate, urethra, and pelvic muscles, including cancer kidney stones and infection.
- An endocrinologist can diagnose and treat hormone problems and the complications that arise from them.
There is no particular set of tests available that can determine the root cause of ED. However, there are initial tests available that can rule out any significant ailments or abnormalities. You may require particular testing and assessment to help shape your treatment plans.
Firstly, you should visit your specialist doctor if you have a chronic disease. Discuss with him about your condition, and after a preliminary check, he may refer you to urologist or endocrinologist.
If you are young and healthy and don’t have any chronic ailment, then you can directly visit a urologist who may perform some necessary tests and try to ascertain ED reason.
Tests for erection problem are:
- Blood Test – This is to check any sign of diabetes, Testosterone levels, and other diseases
- Physical Exam– Specialist performs a careful examination of your penis and testicles and tries to check any nerve sensation.
- Blood Pressure – Blood pressure is also blamed for weak erection, so your doctor may check if you have any abnormal BP.
- Hormones – Testosterone and thyroid could also be the culprit for erectile dysfunction, so your doctor may ask you to get it tested.
- Penile Doppler Test – So Guys, Note it. This test is the most important test to check your blood flow in the penis. This test is performed by a specialist who injects papaverine in the penis to introduce artificial erection, and a video image created with the help of a handheld device to check the flow of blood around the penis. This situation is quite embarrassing and painful too. The risk associated is priapism, an erection that lasts for a long time. Any man who has an erection that lasts for more than three hours after an injection should rush to the hospital immediately.
To sum up, if you ask me, below are the important tests for you
- Blood pressure
- Vitamin D
- Most importantly, penile color doppler test
4. Explore proper erectile dysfunction treatment method:
This part is going to be the second last step for your erectile dysfunction approach. It’s going to be a very crucial step for you. Here you will choose your best erectile dysfunction treatment method which suits you.
The primary thing your doctor will do is to ensure you’re getting the correct treatment for any health conditions that could be causing or compounding your erectile dysfunction. If treating your health condition solves your problem then no need to explore any other treatment option.
Treating the underlying cause may improve your problem. Ignoring erectile dysfunction is not advised because it can affect you emotionally and mentally, or it may be the triggering point for your health.
What are the different types of treatments available:
Below are the different treatment types which I have tried in my three years journey.
- Hypnotherapy/ Reiki
- Foods and diet plan
Treatment steps for solving erectile dysfunction:
Current ED Treatment:
1. Lifestyle Changes:
It is the 1st line of treatment for solving erectile dysfunction.
When health conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure cause your ED, one thing can be done talking with your doctor and improve and manage your health.
Improving your health will make a significant impact on your sexual life.
If improving your health solves your problem, then no need to go down for 2nd or 3rd line of treatment option.
2. Oral medication:
This section contains 2nd and 3rd line of treatment. If this doesn’t work, then you can consider going for the 3rd line of treatment.
- Allopathy – Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, and similar PDE5 inhibitors
- Ayurvedic – Shilajit, Ashwagandha, Musli, etc
- Homeopathy – Lycopodium, Damiana Q, etc
- Unani – Penis massage creams, Chawanprash etc
3. Last resort treatment:
This is the last line of treatment for current ED treatments available. You should consider going for these treatments only if all the options are exhausted.
These treatments are not very convenient and may be awkward to use.
- Vacuum erection device
- Penile Implant
- Penile injection
- Cock ring
There are advantages and disadvantages of these treatments, which is better to have a look before starting the treatment.
New age ED treatments:
I am grateful for such treatments. Hats off to those scientists who have worked day and night and discovered these treatments for us. It has given me my life back from the abyss of depression. I would have collapsed mentally, but these treatments gave me the grip of my happiness again.
Below are the new types of treatment options available
- Stem cell therapy
- Shockwave therapy
- Platelet-rich plasma
I have not listed all the new and improved treatment options available here. These technologies are still in the nascent stage, so make decisions wisely with your discretion.
5. How to prevent erectile dysfunction:
A wise man said prevention is always better than cure. So, consider prevention as your only option for treating erectile dysfunction. ED is an umbrella word, and killing it with one bullet is not possible.
Bad sexual life is exasperating, and preventing ED from the beginning seems logical.
Below are some strategies which follow to keep me healthy
- Exercise daily – Mainly Cardio such as running, burpee, lunges, pushups, etc.
- Sleep well – At least 8 hours of sleep needed.
- Eat well – Healthy diet without much oil and spices is necessary for your sexual well being.
- Having four pieces of garlic with honey at night before sleep
- Soak groundnuts at night and take it in morning
- Take health supplements, for example, shilajit, ashwagandha, chawanprash, vitamins, proteins, etc.
- Lose weight if you are overweight.
6. Key Takeaways:
Currently available treatments for erectile dysfunction have been unchanged for almost 20 years. Now there is a need for improved and permanent treatment of ED. None of the currently available therapies cure the ED. It simply targets the symptoms and provides you temporary relief.
It is estimated that 1 in 5 men around the world is suffering from ED. There is no single treatment for erection problem, and treatment varies for every individual. You need to hit and try and find your cure.
These new and improved treatment option gives hope to those people whose life is devastated because of erectile dysfunction, and they can lead a happy sexual life after that.
There have been many advances in treatment for ED over the past several decades. Researchers continue to improve current therapies and seek out better and safer alternatives.
Ask your doctor about the latest treatments, what’s in the pipeline, and ongoing clinical trials.
Hi, I’m Abhay Singh. The creator of this blog edbyebye and howtocuremyed.
I suffered from erectile dysfunction in my mid-20s. I could not believe my misery and bad luck.
EDbyebye reflects my experiences and knowledge I acquired during my suffering period. It explains how I tried various remedies and treatments and how I finally found a permanent solution.
EDbyebye is my way of sharing my experiences and guiding you to find your treatment.
Join our community and share your valuable thoughts.